Group travel insurance plans are extensive and reasonable; also providing the group members of the policy all the cover they need while travelling. Several companies provide a range of covers and some might even include large groups of up to 25 adults and 25 children all under one policy.
Here are inclusions or covers which can be taken or might already be provided in a group travel policy:
- Cover for emergency medical deportation: the cover is important especially while travelling with elderly people and those with health problems.
- Cover for cancellation of trip: in a group plan it is best to opt for a cover which will provide sufficient protection for the largest possible claim there could be; including pre-paid activities.
- Individual accountability cover: ensure to opt for a cover which provides adequate luggage cover and personal accountability cover per person to replace or refund in case of a mishap.
- Cover for key documents: theft or lose of the passport and other important documents can be covered. Opt for a policy that covers this and will replace your passport at the earliest at no cost.
- Hijack disaster and other catastrophes: while travelling to an area prone to natural disasters and natural calamities it is important to opt for this cover.
Along with the above covers; here are few other benefits of getting a group travel cover.
- Easy Management: Compared to taking travel insurance for each member separately, a group cover will cost much lesser.
- Hassle-free Processing: you need to simply fill in only one form for the entire group providing one master policy with respective ID cards for the entire group.
The policy can even be tailored so that the plan works for everyone travelling; providing all the features of a regular single policy including overseas medical expenses, lost luggage, trip cancellations and delays.
Case on Group Travel Insurance
Kavita Krihnan an MBA graduate is working with Zenes Ltd. in Mumbai as a senior marketing executive. Due to a conference in Singapore; she and 5 other colleagues travelled to Dubai. They were staying in the company guest house in Singapore for the duration of one week. Their organization had also taken a group travel insurance cover for all the 6 members of the group for the entire duration (one week) of the official trip.
Unfortunately, Kavita’s bag gets misplaced during the second day in Singapore in the taxi while travelling to the conference. The bag carried her passport and other valuable document and cash. Perplexed she doesn’t know what to do and is also unable to give her full attention on the main purpose of the trip – the conference. However on calling her company in Mumbai she is reassured that the group travel insurance will refund the amount of cash that she has lost, and also arrange for a temporary passport to be made. Additionally, on her return to India they would compensate her amount which would be spent on remaking the important document in the bag- driver’s license, voters ID, passport, etc.
Thanks to the travel cover Kavita her trip was saved from getting ruined and she also did not have to bear any losses. While she was compensated for her loss; Kavita could easily travel back to India on the predetermined dates (without any delay) with the temporary passport arranged with the help of the insurance company.