A person responsible for a group’s travel plans, a group of students going for studies to some foreign country and even the employers can buy a Group Travel Policy. It can provide adequate travel insurance to friends, family, classmates, colleagues, etc. traveling together as a group.
Here are a few groups/organizations that can buy a Group Travel Policy.
- By Employer for Employees: Employers can buy the cover for their employees traveling together or frequently to places.
- Travel Agents: While organizing group holidays (tours for institutions, family gatherings, product launches, etc.) the travel agency can buy insurance for the group.
- Organizing A Family Holiday: A family travel insurance policy will cover 2 adults and all your children. If you’re going with extended family, they must be insured as a separate adult.
- Event management companies: For specific events, if the company is also responsible for travel arrangements for the event; then the event management company should buy the policy covering the group of people they are responsible for.
- Students going for Foreign Studies: Students going to a foreign country can take up a group travel policy together. And be safe from the financial hardships caused due to loss of baggage,
The cover may typically include overseas emergency medical care and expenses, delays and cancellations, lost luggage, personal liability, and much more. Some companies may even cover a group of up to 25 people.
Group travel insurance policies are designed to cover a group of individuals traveling together, such as families, friends, colleagues, or members of a club or organization. The group travel insurance policy is beneficial for all members of the group, but it is particularly beneficial for the following groups:
- Students: Students traveling abroad for educational or cultural exchange programs can benefit from group travel insurance, which provides coverage for medical emergencies, trip cancellations, and other unforeseen events.
- Corporate groups: Employees traveling for business purposes can benefit from group travel insurance, which covers them against accidents, illness, and other travel-related risks.
- Sports teams: Sports teams traveling for tournaments or competitions can benefit from group travel insurance, which covers them against injuries, equipment loss, and other travel-related risks.
- Families: Families traveling together can benefit from group travel insurance, which provides coverage for medical emergencies, trip cancellations, and other travel-related risks.
A Case of taking Group Travel Policy
- Matrix Pvt. Ltd. is a software development company in Chennai. The marketing department of the company is going for a week’s holiday during Diwali to Jim Corbett National Park. To get close to nature and wildlife. Due to an exceptional performance by the marketing team last quarter, the management gave the team an extra bonus.
Since the trip has been organized by the company, the employer takes a wise decision to also get a group insurance travel policy for the employees. Hence in case of any theft or loss of any valuable item and document or any medical emergencies, during the travel – the employees get coverage and will receive compensation for the amount of loss.
- In another case, Abhay residing in Delhi is attending a close friend’s destination wedding in Goa. During the upcoming long weekend next month. Being a close friend of the groom, he is in charge of getting the 8 college friends’ (residing in Delhi) travel bookings. He has chosen a single travel booking agency for the destination wedding to Goa.
Abhay has opted for the travel insurance cover as well for the group as offered by the travel agency. Hence, will cover all the friends under a single policy. Due to the group travel cover; all the friends for the entire duration of the trip to Goa and back to Delhi, for any baggage, documents, or currency loss.
Click here to know how to file a claim under Group Travel Insurance