Engineering all risk insurance is one of the General insurances which consider economic safeguarding, the risks faced at any on-going project, installation project, and machines and equipment used at the project site.
The following steps are to be followed for filing a claim under the engineering all risk insurance
- Intimate the office: The first step is to immediately inform the concerned office and write a letter mentioning in details, the incident, and the insurance policy number.
- Intimate the insurance company: Post acquisition of the claim from the concerned office, further information should be submitted to the insurance company responsible for the same.
- Information pertaining to bigger losses: In case of bigger losses at site, a prior information should be sent to the concerned insurance company. The insurance office thereafter conducts supervision in order to rightly asses the loss and make the future recovery of the losses.
- Submission of documents: Photocopies of all necessary documents should be submitted to the company to justify the claim.
- Cooperation with the surveyor: It is in absolute requirement for the claimer to provide the surveyor with all needs and cooperation. Failing which, the assessment of the loss either would remain incomplete or unidentified.
- Complaint registration: the claimer should file a complaint at the nearest Fire station, police station or any civil law authority. This helps in insuring proving a first quick action against loss.
- Submission of identity proofs: All documents pertaining to the claimer’s identity (licenses, permits, certificates etc.) Should be provided to the surveyor.
- Survey report acquisition: The claimer should acquire at least one copy of the survey report to have a satisfactory perspective towards the survey conducted. This in return helps avoiding discrepancies, if any.
- Communication with the insurance company: Once all documents have been exchanged, the claimer must stay in constant communication with the insurance company for the fastest action on the same.
Case for Claim Under Engineering All Risk Insurance
- Tripathi would immediately inform the concerned office and provide in writing the incident of the claim with the policy number.
- He will obtain the claim from the concerned office and also fill up the same at the insurance company.
- In case of bigger losses the insurance company would be informed by Mr. Tripathi and thereafter a surveyor would be sent at the site of loss and incident to acquire firsthand information of the same. This is done in order to minimize loss and settle the claim as early as possible.
- The surveyor or office may seek documentary evidence. You may handover photocopies of necessary documents and obtain acknowledgment.
- Since Mr. Tripathi is the claimant, it is his responsibility to help the surveyor and provide him with honest facts to get the most from the claim. He should make all arrangements for the surveyor to gather information and help him take photographs.
- Tripathi would also inform the nearest fire station, police authorities and other civil authorities as per law and local practice. The copies would be given to the surveyor officer.
- Suresh must give the surveyor copies of licenses, permits and certifications etc. in force to ensure that the operations are conducted as per law and as per the necessary safety standards.
- A copy of the survey report would be given to Suresh for his side of assessment. This is done to maintain transparency of the claim.
- Once all copies and documents pertaining to the survey have been shared, then Suresh must stay in touch with the insurance company for the earliest disposal of the claim.