Specific transit marine insurance offers protection to transported cargo from various perils like fire, explosion, sinking, collision and natural disasters. The below infographic explains claim filing process under specific transit insurance, in case of loss.
To file a claim under a specific transit insurance policy, follow these steps:
- Notify the insurer as soon as possible after the loss or damage occurs.
- Provide the insurer with all relevant information and documentation. Documentation include a completed claim form, a copy of the insurance policy, and any receipts or documentation related to the loss.
- Cooperate with the marine insurance provider insurer in their investigation of the claim. This may include providing additional information or answering questions. The insured must claim with the insurer to get a confirmation of loss.
- The insurance company appoints a surveyor to assess the mentioned damage
- Once the insurer approves the claim, they will issue payment for the covered loss in accordance with the terms of the policy.
It is important to carefully review the terms of your transit insurance online to understand what is covered and what is required to file a claim. Below infographic will take you through the important aspects of claim filing under specific transit insurance: