Inland transit marine insurance policy plays a crucial role by covering the loss or damage to the policyholder’s goods like raw materials, machinery, etc. during transit as per the contract. It offers cover to the policyholder’s business goods or personal belongings which are being transported by land. Further, as per the requirement, it is feasible to categorize inland transit coverage in marine insurance under the following heads=
- Basic Risk: It includes losses or damages which are caused by specific items by various perils like collision, fire, lightning, etc.
- All Risk Policy: It covers various losses or damages to specific goods.
Here, it is essential to note that inland transit coverage only includes those goods which are being transported by land, like trucks, goods train, etc. It means sea and aerial modes of transports are not covered under the policy. Usually, the policy offers coverage for goods which are being transported domestically.
Further, it is feasible to divide inland transit coverage in marine insurance under different heads, like=
- Overnight Vehicle’s Cover: It is apt for those businessmen who may require their goods to be stored at night mostly in a vehicle. While some insurers include the cover in their basic marine insurance plan, others charge an extra premium for this coverage.
- Comprehensive Policy for Multiple Vehicles: It is possible to insure multiple vehicles under a single marine insurance cover. This policy is apt for you if you are using multiple vehicles for transporting goods.
- Goods in transit (carrier’s) Cover: In those situations, where a third-party is involved in carrying goods, the carrier may not take responsibility for any loss or damage if it happens. Covering such liability through this insurance cover is feasible.
Inland transit coverage in a marine insurance policy is apt for those small and medium-sized business owners who do not require to import or export their goods globally. The policy can also be purchased by farmers to safeguard goods in their own vehicles. The policy covers all types of goods, including finished goods, machinery and raw materials.
The inland transit coverage in marine insurance would become effective from the time the goods leave the storage place or warehouse and would get terminated as soon as the delivery is made. Also, the inland transit insurance cover would remain active in those situations where there is a deviation, delay or forced discharge which is beyond the policyholder’s control.
Since 2010, K.Y Engineering has established a name for itself in the engineering sector. The company enjoys a wide-spread of clients. As various risks can arise during transportation of goods, the company is looking for a way to get coverage in case something untoward happens.
As K.Y Engineering has its clients situated in different parts of India, it is essential for K.Y Engineering to purchase inland transit coverage in marine insurance to get protection in case something goes wrong.
Read More: Who can buy Marine Insurance?
K.Y Engineering can buy an inland transit coverage to get financial coverage in case something misfortune happens. Here, the policy would offer coverage against total loss, partial loss and related expenses when the goods are in inland transit. As the company deals only domestically, the inland transit coverage is an apt choice for it which would cover it against various perils like lightning, fire, etc.
As many times, K.Y Engineering transports goods by taking the help of third-party, therefore, at the time of buying the inland transit cover, the company should disclose this fact to the insurer and opt for goods in transit insurance cover. This insurance policy would help in covering that loss or damages as well, which may arise if you have used a third-party carrier. In a situation where you have used third-party carrier, you can’t hold third-party responsible for any loss or damage which may arise. You can opt for this insurance cover which would help in covering third-party losses and damages as well.