What is the right price for workmen compensation policy?
A workmen’s compensation policy entails a wide scope of coverage for the insured organization. The policy covers financial liabilities in case of physical injuries, permanent or temporary disablements and even death of the organization’s employees due to unforeseen perils of employment.
Moreover, a wide range of policy extensions are available to provide maximum scope of coverage of the policy. The sum insured of a workman compensation insurance is unlimited because it will pay for whatever amounts the courts award. As such, many policyholders struggle to determine the right price to pay for the policy. The premium determined for this policy depends on a number of factors.
Factors affecting Workmen Compensation premium
The workmen compensation premium depends on the following:
- The nature of the organization and its main activities. Some work is concerned relatively riskier. For example, mining or construction
- Employment type of the insured workers
- The average compensation payable
- The number of workers. Premium increases with number of workers in the company
- Coverage duration. It is possible to buy workman compensation just for the duration of a project. If this duration is less than 1 year the premiums reduce
- Prior claims history of the client. Previous claims can suggest that accident prevention measures are not strong.
Insurers will ask for all of this information in their proposal forms when reviewing your purchase request for a plan. Coverage under the policy is granted in two distinct tables. Table A covers the Workmen’s Compensation Act, 1923, Fatal Accidents Act, 1855 and Common Law while Table B covers only the Fatal Accidents Act, 1855 and Common Law. The premium is, therefore, determined for each table separately.
The premium for a manufacturing organisation with 100 workers is about Rs 35,000 plus GST. The equivalent cost for 100 workers in a service organisation will be Rs 15,000. Thus, premium rates for different industries can be different, depending upon how the insurance provider perceives the related risks. However, these are the costs if bought through an experienced intermediary. If the company approaches the insurer directly they are likely to get the “rack rates” that can be twice these premiums. So, keep these factors in mind when deciding to go for this policy.
Options to pay workmen compensation premium
You can pay the premium of your WC policy through different modes like cash, cheque, demand draft, debit or credit card, net banking, RTGS or NEFT, UPI, mobile wallets, etc.
How to minimize workmen compensation premium?
Following are the ways in which you can minimize the workmen compensation cost:
- Most importantly, work with an intermediary that understands the product and knows the fair rates for different risks
- Compare different workmen compensation policies based on their coverage and premiums. Comparison helps you pick the best policy for you
- Take steps to manage risks at the workplace e.g. install skid-resistant floors
- Maintain a good claim history
- Buy annual policies that are renewed each year. This build the insurer’s confidence in your operations.
Additional Read:How to decide the Insurer in Workers’ Compensation?
For more details click on www.securenow.in
To get the right price for workmen compensation policy click – SecureNow : Best rates for Workmen Compensation Insurance or Employees Compensation Insurance