SecureNow is an insurance broking firm set up in 2011 with operations in Delhi and Bangalore. SecureNow serves 1500+ corporate clients across India. Clients include leading Fortune 500 companies, listed domestic majors, leading e-commerce firms, large investment firms, and their portfolio companies. SecureNow helps their client to structure, procure and service insurance solutions. The product range includes Employee Benefits, Property, and Liability insurance solutions.
SecureNow is a pioneer in internet marketing of B2B insurance solutions. This has helped the company develop a pan India customer base. Our clients are assured of a minimum 20% better deal than alternate sourcing methods and benchmark services towards claim settlement.
Some of the recent recognition that SecureNow has received include:
- Top 3 companies shortlisted in Asia for “Broker of the year” award by Asia Insurance Review for two consecutive years 2015 and 2016
- Won the “Claims Award Asia-Pacific 2016”
- Top 3 companies shortlisted in Asia for “Technology Initiative of the year” award in 20 th Asia Insurance Industry Awards 2016
- Top 3 mobile applications in Spotlight Awards 2015 in Seed category organized by Tech HR
- Case study on SecureNow won the 1 st prize in Global case study competition organized by ISB-Ivey
SecureNow is a recognized thought leader in the Insurance industry. Some of our reputed associations include:
- Bi-annual Mint Mediclaim Ratings of all health insurance products are developed by SecureNow
- Monthly insurance column in Economic Times online edition
- Weekly and Monthly insurance column in Mint
- Insurance partner for FICCI MSME group
Setup by distinguished professionals with Insurance and Advisory background, a brief background of the founding team is given below
- Kapil Mehta – An alumni of IIT Delhi and IIM Ahmedabad, he has over 22+ years of experience with 12+ years in the Insurance Industry. In his last position Kapil was the Managing Director of DLF Pramerica Life Insurance Company. Kapil had earlier worked with Max New York Life Insurance, McKinsey & Company, and Hindustan Unilever.
- Abhishek Bondia – He is a Chartered Accountant, Chartered Financial Analyst and graduate from Shri Ram College of Commerce. He has 12+ years of business advisory experience focused on Insurance. He has served clients in the US and in India. Abhishek has worked earlier with McKinsey & Company.
- Job Title
- :Senior Manager – Underwriting
- :5 – 7 years
- :10 lacs – 20 lacs
Insurance sector as a whole is at a nascent stage in India. While the personal insurance side (life and health) has seen some consumer-centricity in the last couple of years, commercial insurance still lacks that emphasis. In developed markets, the key differentiating factor between the market leader and the rest is knowledge, esp. underwriting knowledge. Incumbents for this role will help shape the knowledge agenda for SecureNow and help lead transformation in the sector.
- Job Information
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITY:
Incumbents would be assigned to one of the domain areas i.e., Employee Benefits, Property, Marine, Liability. Within this area they would be responsible for the following broad functions:
– Policy underwriting: Work with the business development team to understand risk exposure of a client and design bespoke insurance solution. Underwriters will then collaborate with various insurers to source a carrier and negotiate prices.
– Product strategy: Develop a white-label product strategy for this function. Underwriters would need to understand the broad patterns of customer needs and design suitable products. Product strategy would need to be defined for the respective domain by customer segment i.e., geography, industry, and size. Underwriters will be responsible to create a bouquet of products for their domain based on underwriting type i.e., over-the-counter, instant bidding, and bespoke solution.
– Bidding platform: Develop and manage reverse-bidding platform. Work with insurers to educate about the platform and push uptake. Work with technology team to customize the platform as required for the specific function.
– Codify and publish knowledge: Build a repository of knowledge by aggregating off-the-shelf information and developing proprietary documents & tools e.g., benchmarks, algorithms. As and when appropriate, engage with media platforms for knowledge sharing e.g., industry journals, mass media, industry chamber meetings.
– Team management: Over a period of time, lead a small team of 1-2 members. Work with individuals to supervise daily tasks, assess performance, chart-out a development map, and help them grow and learn.
DESIRED Skills & COMPETENCIES:
– Excellent written and verbal communication Skills
– Good analytical skills. Exposure to Excel Modeling is preferred.
– Detail oriented