Liver is the most important organ of the human body as it is responsible for various functions of body such as making protein and blood clotting factors, filtering blood stream and metabolizing many toxins. Hence it is important to ensure that your liver is functioning properly so as to keep your body healthy and toxin-free. There are many different disease which can occur inside your liver including infections such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, jaundice and cancers. Hence it is important to detoxify your liver so as to ensure its proper functioning.
There are many natural ways right from adapting healthy habits to including detox foods, which you can try to detox your liver naturally. Lets discuss some of these ways in this article.
1. Drink Raw Vegetable Juice: This is well known fact that drinking raw vegetable juice can detoxify your body. By drinking juice, variety of vegetable can be absorbed easily making it easier to digest. It also maintains the pH levels of your body by reducing acid levels. Try to take juice of veggies rich in beta carotine which is converted to vitamin A in liver, which flushes out the toxins from the body.
2. Lower the Fat Intake: If you are eating diet high in fat, you are putting your liver at risk. Hence you should try to avoid animal based fats like pork or beef. Hydrogenated oils which is also known as trans-fats or saturated fats as it is toxic for your body. However, you should consume good amount of healthy fats like coconut, avocado and fish oil instead of chips and other processed snacks.
3. Increase Vitamin C Foods: Vitamin C rich foods are the best foods which you can use to improve the health of your liver. Studies have shown that vitamin C protects the liver by flushing out fats from the liver. Also, it acts as an antioxidant which boosts immunity of body including liver.
4. Increase Potassium-Rich Foods: Potassium rich foods reduces blood pressure of the body, lower cholesterol and keep your heart healthy. In addition to this, it also helps in detoxification of lever. These foods helps in digestion and release toxins and heavy metals from your body.
5. Take Detox Supplements: You can include over the counter detoxifying supplements in order to cleanse your liver. One of such supplement is milk thistle. It is widely used for liver cleansing process as it eliminates the buildup of alcohol, pollutants, heavy metals and external drugs from the liver. It helps in strengthening the liver’s cell walls which enhancing healthy regeneration.